This week’s blog post will be about my personal experience, especially how RMCO (Recovery Movement Control Order) changed me. Staying at home most of the time for a few months have changed me.
I didn’t know that my new hobbies – meditation and travel movie marathon could open up a new perspectives.
New RMCO Hobby #1 – Meditation and Face Mask
I always use Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2X twice a week to tighten my pores and get a glowing complexion. Then, one day, I felt super emo so I decided to combine it with meditation.
They got along really well! As I couldn’t stand sitting for a long time, a 20-30 minutes meditation while waiting for my face mask to dry was a perfect combination.
For the song, I usually go with Deva Premal’s Moola Mantra, Christian songs, the sound of water or meditation song. YouTube can help you find the meditation song that suits your mood at that time.
During the meditation, I had a conversation with myself. I brought up all my doubts and fears, asked and got the answers from within.
Of course, during uncertain times like now, I didn’t get all the answers. But I felt relieved and finally, able to let the universe or God to take the lead. For example, I have an upcoming trip that I planned since last year. I used to keep my hope high that I’d be able to go.
Now? I won’t feel disappointed if I have to postpone it until next year. If that’s how it should be, then may it be. #enya
For more life lesson blog posts, click here.
New RMCO Hobby #2 – Travel Movie Marathon
I lost count on how many travel-related dreams I have during the RMCO. Most of the time, they left me frowning while sleeping.
Like, me being late to the airport, buying a flight ticket at last minute or overslept during a transit (but the pilot was so nice to fly me back to the airport). Maybe those dreams are the reflection of my anxiety about my upcoming trip.
Although we can go for cuti-cuti Malaysia during RMCO, I have a tight budget so I prefer to save for my upcoming trip. And do a travel movie marathon.
Some of the travel movies that I recommend are:
- The Bucket List – all the countries that I wanna go to (South Africa, USA, Egypt, India, Hong Kong) + skydiving
- The Last Holiday – make ‘possibilities’ happen while you’re still alive + reminder: nice girls finish last
- Under the Tuscan Sun – I need to visit Tuscany!
- Monte Carlo – I’ve never been to France
- Eat, Pray, Love – I miss Bali
- Scoob! – thanks for reminding me that I MUST visit Paris
- The Eurovision Song Contest: Story of Fire Saga – Iceland, you’re on my list now
- The Indecent Proposal – it’s more about love than travel but I want my 1st gambling experience to be in a big casino and spend the rest of my life with someone who truly loves me
- The Grand Budapest Hotel – one of my favourite countries
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – love everything about this movie
What Else Changed, Thanks to RMCO…
I’m leaning on more to God and enjoying foods that I used to be able to enjoy only on the weekend (the yummy mix rice and hawker foods near my house).
I prefer to walk in a park than in a mall.
I even realised that I’m not a 100% FIRE movement follower because well, my lifestyle is actually different from them. And it’s OK to buy that yummy RM10+ chocolate cake or ice cream to treat myself coz I don’t want to be bitter just to retire early.
For more blog posts about personal finance, click here.
Nope, I shouldn’t call myself a FIRE movement follower if I still travel every year. I’m a… conscious spender and traveller. Like the banner that you see on my homepage 🙂
So yeah… meditation and travel movie marathon help me to cope during RMCO. And I’ve changed for the better. Now, it’s your turn to share with me! Do you learn anything during RMCO?